Carson‘s Oyster Folly Flitters
- 1 Pint Oysters, fresh or canned, chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1&1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Shortening or oil for frying
- Mix all dry ingredients…flour, baking powder, salt and pepper
- Add eggs, blend in milk and margarine
- Add onions and oysters (small oysters, no need to chop)
- Fry in shortening on Med to High heat in a heavy skillet.
NOTE: This cooks up a good many flitters, so you may want to
cut the recipe in half. Also, you can substitute chopped clams for clam flitters! Using
less flour and milk.
Augusta Moore’s Blue Crab Imperial
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 TBS Oninon (chopped finely)
- 3 TSP Chopped Pimento
- 2 TSP Capers
- 1/2 TSP Worcestershire
- 1/4 TSP Tabasco
- 2 Pounds Crab (shell pieces removed)
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Crackers
- 1 TBS Paprika
Preheat oven to 375F. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in crab. Butter a large casserole dish and put in crab mixture. Top with cracker crumbs and sprinkle with paprika. Heat until just bubbling, approximately 20-30 minutes. SERVES 8.
- 1 Pound Cooked, boned Mullet
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 2 TBS Flour
- 1 TSP each Oregano, Dill, Basil, Thyme
- 1 Seeded Chopped Hot Pepper
- 2 large cans Blackeyed Peas, 15 oz.
- 1/2 pound sliced okra
- 2 large cans Tomatoes, 15 oz.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Fish or Chicken Broth